[Fot] Spitfire&GT6 Editor announcement

Shawn Frank my71spit13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 19:15:57 MDT 2013

So it has happened. Spitfire&GT6 magazine has announced that I will be taking over as Editor after this next issue (#45). Howard Baugues has been editor for 10 years and is stepping down as editor but will still be a content contributor and consultant. The announcement was made tonight via Facebook. I hated that I couldn't say anything all weekend, but thought it best to let Howard announce it in his own time. I have a lot of writing to do, but know that I will be a Friends of Triumph member for the duration of each article, each event, and every pic.

It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet most of you this weekend. I had more fun than I can express. It seemed to go so quickly and was a pleasant whirlwind of action through the whole experience. This weekend had so much significance for me and my beautiful wife. We will remember and talk about the weekend many years into the future.

I will be wanting to talk to some of you about your Spitfires and the stories behind them. Without the stories, they are just cars. All of our cars have stories, and that is what interests me most. If you have any stories or pics that you think other Spitfire & GT6 people would be interested in hearing about, submit said stories to me at shawn at triumphspitfire.com or email them to me at my71spit13 at yahoo.com which is my personal email.

Thank you all so much for the warm reception, the outstretched hands, and the views of enthusiasts such as ourselves. We were honored to meet legends like Kas Kastner, Bob Johns, and Dan Fowler. We were privileged to rub elbows with the greats like Joe Alexander, Bill Dentinger, Tony Drews, Chris Marx, Ken Knight (congratulations, btw!!!), Jerry Barker, on and on...A life altering experience for me. Thank you all for that! Onward and upward towards whatever the future brings.

Honored and humbled...

Shawn Frank
Spitfire&GT6 Magazine-editor
Drive Away Cancer Iowa-driver
Friends of Triumph/North American Spitfire Squadron#746/Iowa British Car Club
Continued Legacy (facebook and twitter)
71 Spitfire MKIV (Gertrude)
80 Spitfire 1500 (Bradley)