[Fot] In other news

Bill Tobin william.tobin31 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 12 10:23:52 MDT 2013

Hi all, sounds like you all had a great time at RA. Glad to hear it.
I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and also had a great time; knocked 4 seconds off my lap times. Must be those new carbs.
Triumphs were in short supply, Allen Goode did well but had a couple problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. Brian Schirano had his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.
The Friday re-enactment was attended by 20,000 or so fans on a gorgeous day; we all had a ball.
It rained Sat night and was damp Sunday AM, but cleared up nicely.
There were the Historic Trams Am folks there, all of the cars were incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late '60's and early '70's! Where did thos 40 or so years go?
One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco Camaros hit the guardrails very hard and was heavily damaged. There was a photographer behind the guardrail in the area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted out. Luckily he had a broken arm and several ribs and not much else. Whew!

Film at 11! (If I could get my video camera hooked up to my computer) Damned new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, they'll make phones that will take video! (Old Luddite!)

It was a great weekend.
Bill