[Fot] Damage investigation

Jason Ostrowski jason at multivintage.com
Mon Sep 23 13:08:13 MDT 2013

I got the #69 car back home last night after it's well needed nap after the
excitement of the Kastner Cup. This was the first chance I had to look at
it since the wrecker loaded it into Brian's trailer after the
broken vertical link incident in Canada corner.
The damage is significant. I guess I got lucky when the first one broke and
we were able to repair it before the next session. Because this time its
pretty bad. Most of the suspension components on left front side are ruined.
At this point (and likely not limited to) here's what else got destroyed
when the 2nd vertical link and trunnion connection broke:
The brand new tire.
The factory yellow Revolution wheel .
bent steering tie-rod, arm and end,
mangled ball joint,
Then it gets worse... Totally bent up the nicely made (boxed) A arms. Which
somehow bent upwards into the sub frame attachment bending that all upwards
and screwed up the mounting holes and bolts.
Even the lower fulcrum bracket looks off and the holes are misaligned there
too.
Then there's the sway bar, its support brackets and hard ware that served
as a skid plate (nicely filed down by the pavement),

So, looks like the entire front end will have to be redone, a few custom
things remanufactured, and lots of new parts sourced and $.No doubt, a
proper check of geometric settings will be required.
poor Zippy got hurt real bad.

full speed GT6 museum curator,
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing