[Fot] Articles and future FoT exposure

Shawn Frank my71spit13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 19:27:13 MDT 2013

I have mentioned this before, but wanted to inform the group that I will be editor of Spitfire&GT6 Magazine after this next issue. I will be co-editing this coming issue and will take over sole editor duties of the magazine after the first of the year. I plan on adding a few things to the magazine that I would love to see as a reader. Namely RACING coverage. I will be free lance writing for other magazines and websites as well (Triumph World, Moss Motoring, North American Spitfire Squadron, among others)

Featured Spitfire and GT6 race cars, influential people of racing from back in the day, vintage racers of the present, stories of the history of the cars, tracks, even corner workers, other Triumph models, etc. This is where the Friends of Triumph comes in.

I would like to interview some of you and establish a section to feature a racer or two per issue. I have a few of you in mind and a few of your cars. I will want to hear stories of the old tracks like VIR and Ghost Tracks like Greenwood. I saw a few of you at the 50th anniversary (Greenwood Revival) and was not yet in a position to move forward on interviews and stories, but am now.

I am an historian. I am very interested in racing when it was real and am intrigued by vintage racing of the present. I have spent a lot of time with some interesting characters and feel fortunate to have done so. This will be very fun and may change the magazine a little, but I hope to keep most of the things that make this magazine a good one and add some flare and enthusiasm. I hope to also establish and re-establish relationships with people that will make the magazine a "must read". I have started on this already with Moss, VTR, Burt Levy, etc.

I love these cars. I am an enthusiast first and a writer second (good or not depends who you ask). I have had a blast hanging out with you all and getting to know you. I have received a warm welcome into this group and plan to give back the best way I can, giving Friend of Triumph recognition.

If you have any suggestions, stories, pics, etc. please feel free to contact me. It is a no brainer that I will be seeking an interview with the man himself, Kas Kastner, if he is willing. I can't wait to get started on this! Thank you all for the support and warm welcome! Our time at the Kastner Cup was way too short so we will just have to do it every year...

And one more thing. If you have a second, check out the Kastner Cup write up in Moss Motoring. Triumph World article will be out soon, and of course Spitfire&GT6 coverage as well.

http://www.mossmotoring.com/kastner-cup-2013/

Regards

Shawn Frank