[Fot] Waving to ghosts

Bruce Lapierre fasttr4 at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 21:11:37 MDT 2013

Excellent Mark

Bruce L

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark at bradakis.com>
To: F.O.T. <Fot at autox.team.net>
Sent: Tue, Sep 10, 2013 10:26 pm
Subject: [Fot] Waving to ghosts

    Those old men and women along the road remember.  They weren't
   waving to us.  They were waving to the ghosts of those who once
   drove our cars absolutely as fast as they knew how to go.

he above is a quote from a Peter Egan article in Road & Track some years ago,
hen he and Gil Nickel
ttended the Mille Miglia in one of the Ferraris I continue to lust over.  Great
tory, November of
995, as I recall.  And it was sad to hear that Peter Egan would be setting down
is pen, no more to
race the pages of the magazine with his well appreciated efforts.
I do remember seeing a Ferrari or two at Road America, and one would be hard
ressed to not notice
 certain large red truck and trailer, disgorging decidedly non-Italian
ehicles.  Well, the lines
f that little red one could have been mistaken for Italian, despite the
nderpinnings.
But the weekend was about *Triumphs* for us, Triumphs of so many descriptions
nd varieties and colors
nd prep levels - an amazing array.  There were more racing GT6s there than
here were Triumphs of any
escription at the Utah Kastner Cup.  Triumphs and their people, the people that
eep the sporting
eritage alive and well, who continue to drive the cars absolutely as fast as
hey know how to go.
It was a remarkable weekend, I am so happy to have been blessed with the chance
o attend, thanks to
he efforts of folks that know in their hearts what an incredible group of
asters and misfits we have
ere in the FOT.
mjb.

ot at autox.team.net