[Fot] hi rev. miss

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Wed Feb 12 10:14:56 MST 2014

At the risk of repeats of other responses...

Great gauges to have to help troubleshoot issues like this: fuel
pressure gauge and EGT gauges.  If fuel pressure drops or EGT goes
up, you know it's going lean = fuel delivery problem.  EGT plummeting
is either SERIOUS fuel delivery problem (double check fuel pressure
gauge) or ignition.

We had issues with a miss at the end of long straightaways (like the
back straight at Sebring, I guess) that were related to the fuel
pressure regulator.  Fix was to run a higher pressure fuel pump so
there's enough pressure differential across the regulator to allow it
to work properly (Holley Blue pump, holley regulator).  Ignition
related could be points bounce, condenser (that one can be frustating
to find), bad coil (sometimes only when hot), bad rotor, bad
cap.  Nothing like narrowing it down, eh?  :)

I second or third the Advanced Distributors recommendation.  I went
back to points last year and they built a very nice distributor for
me - supplied a spare breaker plate with condenser for quick swap at
the track.  They source GOOD components too.

Tony Drews