[Fot] Kastner Cup 2015

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Thu Feb 6 21:15:05 MST 2014

In order...
VIR is very much at the top of my list - nice big area, plenty of
track time (almost too much track time!), free enduro, excellent
weather, frickin' AWESOME track.  The esses at speed are nearly a
religious experience.  Not thrilled about the entire paddock being
paved as I have nowhere to drive stakes into for my canopy now.

Mid-O would be a somewhat distant 2nd.  Haven't driven it in a while,
neat track, the overzealous security sounds to have been tamed.

Indy sounds very expensive, but would be of some interest.  Road
course has no long-term history, so that drops the interest for
me.  But I've never driven it so I'll try most anything once.

Grattan is one of my favorite tracks despite my history there, and
it's far enough north in Michigan that the weather is usually not too
hot in August, but I'm concerned about the paddock space.  When MG
had their big event, it was hard to get set up, my crew had to park
outside the track and walk in.

Blackhawk is one of my home tracks, but doesn't seem like something
I'd tow across country for.  Has more character than it's utter lack
of elevation change would lead you to think.

I'm going to miss the Mosport event in June this year (they are
putting together a Triumph / MG challenge) as my eldest daughter is
getting married in June.  That's not mentioned but is another amazing
track - fassttt!

Tony Drews