[Fot] To cap this off

marty trmarty at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:33:44 MST 2014

I have pondered that myself as I might be foolish enough to try this some day.
It would be neat if those that have these under their belts could put together
a "to do" list of sorts of things that should be taken care of, things that
you would have done different etc.. I would think these events have a bunch in
common and it would be beneficial to the uninitiated. Just thinking out loud
here :)

Marty

> To: SeaCubeCo at aol.com
> From: jason at multivintage.com
> Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 02:24:30 +0000
> CC: fot-bounces at autox.team.net; fot at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Fot] To cap this off
>
> Interesting question and not exactly cut and dry..
> Typically, a race chairman or co-race chairs will take care of planning all
aspects of a particular event "within and according to the guidelines of a
particular sanctioning body".
> There is often a planning commitee that outlines goals and facilitates
planning by task delegation.
> Someone with a good concept for inclusion in an particular event would
contact these powers and offer to help with the planning of the Kastner Cup
portion of said event.
> That would be a good start.
> This means $ for the sponsoring club. Typically, a Kastner cup will provide
20 to 50 additional entries to any given venue. Which is a substantial amount
of cash.

fot-bounces at autox.team.net<fot-bounces at autox.team.net>;
fot at autox.team.net<fot at autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [Fot] To cap this off
>
> So how does one go about putting this together?
>
> With my already full workload and private life I might be willing to try for
Millville, NJ

> Sincerely,
> Chris Bock
> SeaCubeCo.com
> 609-319-4322
>
> On Feb 7, 2014, at 8:09 PM, jason at multivintage.com wrote:
>
>> Well guys.(East) Put up or shut up. There you have it (east is well... East
which is not the midwest nor the middle west. A National puller by Kastner's
request for this event should be a race chair from the east.
>> For the official record, Road America is in the Midwest, so the way I read
it...a good track East of Road america is being requested by Kas... From my
midwest perspective... You have to read between a pretty basic line to
exactify Kas's request.
>> If you believe you live in the East, try hard to facilitate a race in your
region, period.
>> Any race in the midwest can be handled by a number of well connected
midwest FOT'ers. Grattan, Blackhawk, indy, mid ohio likely done.
>> Quite frankly, I see vir and summit point as the only race in the east
mentioned so far. So if you want ANYTHING to happen east of the rockies....
Get a program together and make a pitch. Otherwise the event will (strait from
the horse's mouth) travel west. Where it is always warm, beautiful, flowering,
paddle board accessible and well... pretty damn nice. Riddled with engine
rooms, hot fab shops, bikini's, speedos, wetsuits and surf boards... And more
than a few fast Triumphs!
>> Note: you can't just say... Watkin's Glen!
>> Ya'll have to have (or make) some kind of connection with a club or
sanctioning body to get this process on "track". And, that person can make
anything happen.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@multivintage.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/seacubeco@aol.com