[Fot] Information request on old GT6 race car

Jamie Palmer tr6driver at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 16:23:07 MST 2014

Two requests for pictures already :-)  I'm not at his house right now, I'll
get him to send me some.  No logbook, and any evidence of tech stickers has
been removed by a previous owner's early attempts to "restore" the car.  :-(
I will post pictures to photobucket once I have them.

Thanks,

Jamie
<jason at multivintage.com>
"fot at autox.team.net" <fot at autox.team.net>
>Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
6:14 PM
>Subject: Re: [Fot] Information request on old GT6 race car
>

>Wherever it came from, a log book would be very nice, beyond that, much will
be heresay.
>The fact that you say the roll cage looks good is a good sign,
>As well as much of the other stuff you mentioned sounds interesting
>Except
the lights as you allude.
>A picture posted somewhere would tell volumes.
>Jason Ostrowski
>Friendly Ghost Racing
>Triumph GT6+ racecars
>Sent via
BlackBerry by AT&T

<tr6driver at yahoo.com>
>Sender: fot-bounces at autox.team.netDate: Tue, 11 Feb
2014 15:01:39
>To: fot at autox.team.net<fot at autox.team.net>
>Subject: [Fot] Information request on old GT6
race car

>Hi, folks--
>
>I'm usually a lurker on this list, especially
lately as our TR6
>ChumpCar hasn't had any outings recently.  But a friend of
mine has purchased
>an old GT6 racecar that I'm hoping someone out there can
help us identify.
>The car is a 1970 GT6+.  Here's what we know for sure:
>
>Commission number
>KC80097L
>Was originally maroon (Damson?)
>Came to my
friend with American
>Racing "Silverstones", triple webers w/braided stainless
lines for everything,
>fuel cell, period (read '70's) racing seat and wheel,
overdrive tranny,
>stainless brake lines, oversized front anti-roll bar and a
really nice rear
>anti-roll bar.
>Fiberglass bonnet
>Car was modified to
have what look like
>'70's Ford tailights (don't ask us why) horizontally
across the back at some
>point in time.
>Roll bar appears to be
professionally constructed, car in
>general is very "sanitary".
>Old Koni
shocks
>Odometer shows less than 7k miles
>Here's what we've heard, i.e. the
rest is totally hearsay:
>The car was bought
>for racing use only and never
titled
>The car was raced in California
>At some
>point in time, probably in
the last 10 years, the car was taken to Lanky
>Foushee...don't know more than
that other than that the car has supposedly
>been in North Carolina for the
past 10 years or so.

>My friend is not
>expecting this to be a "historically
significant" car, but it would be nice to
>know how to restore it.
>
>Does
this ring a bell for anyone?  Feel free to reply

http://www.team.net/donate.html
http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@multivintage.com