[Fot] hi rev. miss

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 07:27:31 MST 2014

Intermittent miss?  Steady miss?

I suggest you do a run up with the car parked to see if you are getting
spark misfire above 4500.  See if you can determine whether it only
happens under load or if it is simply rpm dependent.  You might be able
to use a timing light to determine the miss, but at that rpm I kinda
doubt it.  While you're rustling around in the engine compartment make
sure you don't have a vacuum leak somewhere.

If you are convinced that you did not witness misfire with the car not
moving, move on to carburetion.  When you say, "plugs look good" I
assume you mean light tan -- but that won't tell you enough about your
mixture unless you do a plug cut with fresh plugs.  Put in at least one
fresh plug per carb and immediately do a run up through the gears at
full throttle, cutting ignition and pushing in the clutch when you hit
the target rpm and then coast to a stop to look at the plugs.

What are the rest of the specs?  Cam, springs, carb needles, etc.?

Duncan
(Texas)