[Fot] TR4 Valve Guide Clearance

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat Jun 28 08:34:16 MDT 2014

Absolute minimum for racing with bronze guides is 3 thou on intake,
3.5 thou on exhaust.  I like an additional 0.5 thou comfort
clearance.  Less than that and they stick when the head gets
hot.  Running clearance is much less as the bronze and the valve stem
both expand, so it doesn't smoke.  Learned this through experience.

Tony Drews