[Fot] Oil pressure and tolerance on valve clearance

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:23:22 MDT 2014

Er...huh? Clearances are indeed determined by the shape of the opening
slope of the cam -- Larry's website is quite informative on how to
determine appropriate lash (which I had to do a few months ago for a
Ford racing engine with an unknown camshaft in it).  My reply was to the
general question about the way manufacturers list valve lash /tolerances/.

By the way, the cold valve lash specification for my 990 cc 1936
Matchless OHV V-twin was /zero/.  It had a combination of materials:
aluminum crankcase, cast iron air cooled barrels and heads, aluminum
rocker boxes, steel roller cam followers, aluminum rocker arms and
2-section pushrods made of both aluminum and steel.

Duncan