[Fot] Another Oil Pressure Question

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sun Mar 9 20:35:23 MDT 2014

I use the tri-metal bearings from British Parts Northwest
(www.bpnorthwest.com), but have them coated by Calico Coatings
(www.calicocoatings.com) prior to installation.

CT-1 coating: "CT-1 is a Dry Film Lubricant coating that helps reduce
friction and abrasive wear. It provides intermittent dry lubrication
and is not affected by dust or dirt. CT-1 is specifically engineered
to withstand the extreme conditions of today's high performance
engines. Professional engine builders enjoy a higher level of
confidence with increased embedability, strength and durability."

I ship them the bearings with return address info, they call me when
they get them for my credit card info, and they have them back quickly.

Before using the coating I'd see some bearing wear, mainly on the
rear main bearing upon annual rebuild.  With the coating, many times
there's almost zero visible wear on the bearings upon
disassembly.  Uncle Jack (Dad) started using this at the
recommendation of a good local speed shop (the owner retired and they
closed, dang it!) and we've been sold ever since.

Cheers, Tony Drews