[Fot] TR4 steering setup

Andrew Packard apackard68 at att.net
Mon Mar 31 14:23:06 MDT 2014

Hi FOT,
A question for you TR4 racers.  Our TR4 Lemons project is progressing
well.  Currently, the steering column to the rack has two new rubber u-joints
high and low.  My other car is a TR250 with the metal u-joint going into the
rack and steers well for autocross.  For road racing, is it okay to maintain
one or both of the rubber u-joints, or does it introduce to much slop in the
connection?
If going to the metal u-joints top and bottom is the solution,
does anyone out there have one or two they would be willing to sell to us?
Thanks for your continued help and support,
Andy and team