[Fot] Triumph Steering Rack Failures. Any and All. Facts are needed by Moss US

TR4 Tony tr4.tony at virgin.net
Thu Mar 6 01:22:30 MST 2014

All

The so called 'single failure on a rally car' was on my car, twice, with
different racks and two different modes of failure. I count that as two.

Both actually occurred on Road Rallies with brand new racks and one occurred
on a transit section (ie normal road driving). The racks are not marked 'Not
for Competition' or any other such get out clause.

Alongside of this 5 other customers of the same preparation business /
retailer had similar failures, 4 on competition cars and one on a road car.
Given that this is a Small business probably retailing a very limited number
of racks it's a pretty high failure rate. I know of a number of others also
and those which Fot'ers reported when I originally raised the flag.

All of these were reported to Moss UK by the proprietor (as noted on that
email circulated by Joe) and brought to their attention as a group at a
meeting said Trade Supplier had with MOSS UK. If the others are being ignored
then that's misrepresentation of the facts.

My position and opinion is that I am only being listened to because MOSS know
that I'm not going away, the failures were very public and of a nature that
could have involved injury or loss of life. I'm just astonished that they are
treating this so lightly, basically inferring that it's a storm in a tea cup.
It will not be.

I am still waiting for a meeting with Jeff Marks after two months and fully
expect to be palmed off, at which point I will have no option but to seek
another route for redress. I haven't even had a refund on the faulty parts,
not to mention the labour costs or any consideration of the fees incurred  and
blown by parts which are not Fit for Purpose.

You can understand that I'm mightily annoyed by their stance.

I won't get all pointy in public but if anyone wants to discuss please email
me directly.

Best regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone