[Fot] Fw: Help with Oil Pressure Problem

barry rosenberg britcars at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 7 06:26:29 MST 2014

I have been building these engines since 1975 and have found most of these
problems are from the pump. A good machine shop would not send a crank out
with too much clearance so I doubt that. If you are certain the filter head
was clean then I would pull the pump out and check the end clearance. This is
more critical than clearance between the rotors. I always chuck my pumps, new
or used, in my lathe and and machine the rotors and housing flush. Then I take
about .001" off the rotors. Clean very good and reassemble. I always use
petroleum jelly on all my rebuilds as it dissipates in the hot oil completely
and an engine can sit for years and still be primed, coated and ready for
use.

Barry Rosenberg