[Fot] Fw: Help with Oil Pressure Problem

Kas Kastner kaskastner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:10:03 MST 2014

Speaking of cam bearings.  I had the exact same  oil pressure problem with
my TR-2 in 1955.  I changed rod bearings a couple times, check the
mains, and had all kinds of  older guys experience and advice. Nothing
helped.

Finally I took the engine totally apart and discovered that the front
camshaft bearing of the TR engine is this cast iron material and it was
oval (so to speak).  I replaced that front bearing and everything came back
to normal. Since then I have never seen that problem in hundreds of
engines. Because of the cam not having bearings in the six cylinder engines
the problem can occur there without any effort at all. That is why I fitted
the Spitfire cam bearings in the six cylinder blocks.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*