[Fot] Big TR OD and Gearbox rebuilding

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Mar 9 18:11:18 MDT 2014

> I guess that's another good reason why a driver should
> remember and follow
> one of the first rules in driver's school- when you get out
> of control keep
> both feet in.

Maybe I'm missing something?  Seems to me that having the clutch out (and the transmission in gear) would help ensure that you don't
get traction going backwards, and hence tend to save the OD.

I'm not suggesting that is the right thing to do, getting control is more important than not damaging the OD.  But I don't think
that not damaging the OD is an argument for keeping the clutch in.

Randall