[Fot] Fw: AMB Group buy interest???

Gary Schneider garygret at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 21 10:58:11 MDT 2014

Midwestern Council (probably a few hundred drivers) has been using them for twelve years and the hardwired ones have had only a few failures. We bought around 20 battery-powered ones for rental and those have all lost their batteries, hardly a surprise. We had a half-dozen batteries replaced by the Australian guy a year ago and they work great.

I recommend getting the hard-wired one and wire it straight to the ignition or master switch. Some people put a switch in for no reason: the current draw is negligible. Then they forget to turn it on. It's one of the more common Timing & Scoring problems.

Gary Schneider