[Fot] Water in gas

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue May 20 12:43:06 MDT 2014

Greg, the best regulators have a return line and are expensive.  The
one I use does NOT have a return line but works very well.  I use the
Holley Blue pump / regulator combo kit.  They have two regulators
available - one goes up to 4 psi, one up to like 7 psi.  I should be
using the "up to 4 psi" one, but think I may have the higher pressure
one.  I have it regulated to 2 psi (I run webers and they don't like
more than that), and it is ROCK SOLID at that pressure at all times
unless I run out of gas.  The Holley Blue puts out 15 psi and a
boatload of GPH.  Jack hit on that combination after a series of
weekends of trying different pump / regulator combinations.  The
weekend always ended with removing the regulator to keep the car
running with the low pressure pumps.  Once we found this combo, it
just worked and we stopped looking.  We probably spent 2 years
working the problem before we found the solution.

Tony Drews