[Fot] Kas Kastner Cup 2014

Bobby Whitehead igofaster at att.net
Sun May 4 17:23:46 MDT 2014

Worked this weekend and Monday at my shop. Plus the Gun Showb&. apologies for
not giving daily chatter about the K Cupb& so from my perspective to yours,
here's what I know.
Maggie Williams is your contact for the track as she is
the managerb&ya'll are gonna love her.. just remember B Tim , her husband is
about 6'03" b& her contact is 817-992-9774 b&if you haven't gone to the
website please do.. Eagles Canyon Racewayb& B If you haven't perused CVAR's
website, it too is informativeb&lots of nice YouTube videos as those in the
notion of CVAR titled in your youtube videos are picked up and shared on
CVAR's web pageb&also coolb&
I am understanding the kitchen at the track is
doing breakfast and lunches for Friday-Sundayb& there was info I saw briefly
about a Thursday night FoT dinner at the paddock area? See the thread on the
site...

Thursday May 15th Eagles the gates will open up around 7:00 a.m. I
assume they close around 10:00 pm.
This day is a track member day on the
schedule so be prepared for members with cars and or motorcycles to be set up
for that day only in one of the 4 parking/paddock areas. They usually are done
mid-afternoon and will probably be sparse, but be aware. B Thursday afternoon
7 golf carts are arriving provided by your friends and family at my favorite
pawnshop in the world! Gold-N-Pawn B b& high praise for these guys chipping
in!B
Cart 1, is for Kas and PeggyB
Cart 2, is for Joe Alexander
Cart 3 and 4
will be used as shuttle carts from the two lower paddocks primarilyb& I need
you sons or daughters or wives to volunteerb& my sweetheart Barbra has
volunteered to be available for some of the shuttle service provided..if you
happen to meet my wife Barbra would ya'll all tell her how much you love me
and thank her for letting me come B out and play?
Car 5 I have for Mike Munson
and family
Car 6 is for Shawn Frank and family with Spitfire and GT6 magazine
Car 7 will be the FoT cart for our garage area in the covered paddock, dare I
say the Triumph Slumb&. B it is yours to use as you please but mostly for
fuel runs or runs to and fro for reason.. just keep it available for othersb&
any way me casa es su casa b&my house is your house, welcome to Texas..
Friday May 16th will be a CVAR test and tune day, it's not racing B : ) B  ...
but it's a bunch of seat time ..open wheel, closed wheel, back and forth all
day. 8:00 am out, hour for lunch 12:00-1:00 then start back up till around
4:30 b& there are very few in our club that run every session, but if you do,
you get more seat time on Friday than you will possibly wantb&good intro to
the track but remember closed wheel is all closed wheel so some Group1 cars
(Mustangs, Porsches, AS, BS, BP,CP, DP) B are out there with you going fast
toob&
Printed schedules will be available for the weekend in the main dining
hall.
Saturday the first cars out is usually 8:00 and track is cold at 5:00
B b& 12-1:00 lunch with what I understand are ride arounds for thirty minutes
for street cars, during lunchb& I'm pretty sure its Saturday and Sunday for
ride arounds... The schedule has not been published yet but will be posted on
CVAR's site in time for you to plan before you head out.
Saturday will be the
British Small Bore Fest for an all British 30 minute session. Also Saturday
night I have catered Rio Mambo with their track side beef and chicken fajitas
grilled and served right on the spot. Also special guests my friends, the
band, The South Side Blues Kings, with special guests.B
Sunday we will run a
similar schedule with track tours for street cars after lunch, followed by the
Kastner Cup 2014 which I understand is also a 30 minute session. Awards
ceremony will be directly after the K Cup event in the Triumph covered paddock
area.B
As more things unfold I will communicate to the group accordingly...
God bless, travel safe, and see you soon!
Bobby Whitehead
CVAR Race Chairman
ECR May 2014B