[Fot] Steel camshafts

Rick Parent rick.parent at att.net
Mon May 5 10:37:45 MDT 2014

I have found a guy to do it for less than $600 but I just can't pull the
trigger. $600 plus $200 for the grind = $800, for a Spit cam??? The
alternative to that is what I have been doing for 10 years. I use the
chilled iron blanks, they come with the 1500 journal size (1.96), I line
bore the block to except  bearings and Bingo a new cam, full lobes and no
trouble. The cam blanks can
 support .480 of lift on the cam, we are not quite there yet ;-). I am out
of cam blanks does anyone want to make a group order?

Rick