[Fot] Water in gas

Greg And Alison Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com
Tue May 20 11:38:31 MDT 2014

I use Facets (2 of them) and I have a gauge in the dash this indicates
pressure at the carb. I routinely see fluctuations (3.5 to 0) during a race.

I typically I see the near zero pressure under full load at 6000 rpm. My car
stumbles a bit sometimes right before I am shifting from 3-4 at 6500 rpm. I
have assumed the two are related.

It use to be a lot worse when I ran a regulator. Tony Drews pointed out that
Facets do not have enough pressure to be regulated. I removed the regulator
and I only have the issue right at the top end.

I plan to make a switch to a higher pressure pump as Bill recommends and
regulating it to 3 psi. I run SUs.

Two questions for the group. Do you use a return line on the regulator or do
they just reduce line pressure with no return to the cell?

Favorite higher pressure (15psi +-)fuel pumps?

Thanks,

Greg

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billb@bnj.com