[Fot] Head Thickness

damys at charter.net damys at charter.net
Mon Apr 6 05:27:42 MDT 2015

Wondering if anyone can tell me the max I can shave off my GT6 head.
Actually looking for the minimum height of the head after milling.
Right now the head stands at 3.283".  With a 2.95 bore, 2.99 stroke,
.033 squished head gasket and 34.5 cc valve pockets.  The compression,
as I figure it, is 9.76:1.  I'm looking for 12:1.
The head is stamped V3119 and 308361.   It's off of a 1970 GT6+ that
we're building strictly for racing.  Looks like we can still remove at
least .040.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dave