[Fot] Fw: Best spectator vintage event

Dick Stockton stocktontr4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:02:26 MDT 2015

Thanks, Jack. Hope to see you at Summit.

The Ferrari TRC  (2.0L Testarossa) was owned by George Siomko. He bought it
for dirt cheap off a fellow named Genetti - I think it ran Sebring in '56
or '57. Ray Heppenstall and I went to Connecticut to pick it up for George
and it sat in the loft of my shop. George would practice the car and Ray
and I would split the racing duties. We didn't do anything to the car other
than wash it and ran it 4-6x a year. It was pretty fast for what it was,
not the fastest car, but it was an old race car by then.  When I was moving
to my new shop in '65, George wanted to sell me the car for $600, but I
didn't have any money for it at the time. He sold it to a fellow named Hap
Smallback and he did hillclimbs with it.

Here is a picture of it at Marlboro:
https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/l/t31.0-8/858493_472776049437033_1033863366_o.jpg

Bob Tullius and I entered the Glen 500 in '65 in my car and we took the
victory in the class and 7th overall. I have the trophy somewhere.

The Cobra was an original '260 car (CSX2009) with worm gear steering. It
was upgraded to a 289 car by the time I got it from Gene Fisher. I did
pretty well with it and did a lot of development work on it. We found 30bhp
by redesigning the exhaust and replacing the side pipes. I had Air Flow
Research (AFR) do the heads and worked with Harvey Crane on a camshaft. It
made about 350bhp. The carburetor and intake were the real restriction. You
could measure the bump steer in inches and had to drive it sideways. I was
'69 and '70 NE BP Champion, set lap records, and finished 2nd at the ARRC
in 1970 to Allen Barker's newer '69 Corvette. At the 1969 ARRC at Daytona,
I blew my main motor in practice and we used a Holman Moody motor which was
down on power. Started from the back and finished 7th. The car was wrecked
at Watkins Glen after I sold it in 1970, but was subsequently restored to
FIA spec and auctioned a few years ago.

Here is a picture of it then:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/t1.0-9/561553_473084832739488_1428024572_n.jpg?oh=003e71767b0482bbc0d1ecb12d7bb137&oe=55A5514F&__gda__=1438488763_aa815ffae3290645f9f89a0e53284b67

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31.0-8/856583_472761392771832_151764043_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/534974_473084852739486_1853182748_n.jpg?oh=c8dcdc7311701ec6af48f2d633102cf1&oe=559B4F83

and now:
http://www.russoandsteele.com/index.php/media-page/media-press-releases/1241-award-winning-1963-shelby-cobra-csx-2009-offered-at-russo-and-steele-scottsdale-event

I know Janet from the IMSA Baby Grand / RS races as we both ran Toyota's.

Dick