[Fot] Fw: Spitfires @ Sebring in 1965 - Story in the new edition ofthe TVT. The VTR mag.

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Thu Apr 9 22:13:41 MDT 2015

In my research for the Spitfire Database, I learned that before those works
Spits were shipped to the US, they did not have commission numbers.  Because
of some arcane rules that required that the cars must have actual production
commission numbers, the cars had commission plates pulled from the then
current production.  But the cars were built much earlier than their
commission numbers reflect.

Joe C.

  _____