[Fot] Seat belts

Philip Ethier pethier7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 08:36:05 MDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:29 PM, McKearn McKearn <mckearn2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>   I was fine with just a lap belt for  a track day but in order to do
> another their telling me I need to have at least a shoulder restraint
> added.   Does anyone make a good quality three point system that will fit
> our cars?
>  As for a roll cage I completely understand the need and function but I
> have decided not to go much farther with performance upgrades to this car.
> I just feel like it's too nice to chop all up and make a race car. I'd much
> rather buy a car that has been raced or one which is in need of restoration
> that I won't feel bad about chopping up a bit. Prefer GT6 but I am
> considering a TR6 also. Anything out there??
>                       P.J.

Track day:  Go with a GT6+.  You will have roll protection and better
aerodynamics than a roadster with a stock windscreen.

I would not go track-day with your roadster.  Put in a good lap belt and go
to an autocross instead.  In the Solo rule book from SCCA, lap belts are
required in all cars.  Non-stock upper-body restraints are not allowed.],
so you can use the stock 3-point in a TR6, but can't use a 3-point in a
TR3.