[Fot] early TR3 input shaft question

Bob Kramer rkramer3 at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 23 21:12:37 MDT 2015

I had a little time this weekend to work on the early TR3 tranny again and I test fitted the gears on the mainshaft. This early box has the funky three eared thrust washer, with holes.

I have two questions I hope can be answered. The three eared washer locks onto the splines on the mainshaft but there is a significant gap for the hub to slide on the mainshaft. Is that hub supposed to slide or does another washer go in front ? And, why the holes?

I don't see the extra washer in parts books.

I'm getting a custom bushing made to use a TR4 input shaft on the early mainshaft.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone