[Fot] differential Pinion Height

J.C. Hassall jhassall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:09:34 MDT 2015

Scott,

This is how I set up my TR4 pinion.  A 1/2" square piece of steel stock
inserted into a socket.  The steel bar thru the square stock was counter
balanced to give zero rotation.  With inch increments lightly notched into
the rod, it was easy to locate the bag of lead shot at precise locations.
When the rod tipped, the pinion torque was dead on.  BTW, the 2x4 was
supporting the diff front, not the drive flange.  It only took a few trials
to tighten the nut to the required torque.

hth

jim

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 1]