[Fot] Weber tuning help please

Jim Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Sun May 3 12:40:16 MDT 2015

I just installed my webers and I'm running into something not covered in
anything I've read so far.

At cruise speed which I do on the street, 2500  -3000 RPM my exhaust gas
temps on # 4  are 100 plus degrees

over # 1and will climb to 1400 if I stay at that throttle setting. Under
wide open throttle they equalize and seem

to settle in at about 1300.

However, I think this may be symptomatic of my other issue. When I'm tuning
the idle air screws, open them up until

it starts to miss & so on, I can get a predictable stumble from three out of
the four screws.

The screw on # 3 has no effect on the idle no matter how far I run it in or
out.

Also , when I put my syncrometers on #'s 3 and 4 they are significantly
different.

I'm not going to get my dyno tune before the first race in two weeks so I'm
left to figure it out on my own for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jim g