[Fot] DCOE 40 weber on Spitfire

levilevi at comcast.net levilevi at comcast.net
Mon May 11 14:21:27 MDT 2015

List,

I'm trying to dial in a single Weber DCOE 40 on my 1296 Spitfire and was wondering what main jets and air correctors others were using successfully. I'm at 5300 ft. altitude here in Colorado so I can adjust for that from the numbers you provide. I'm hoping to get some baseline numbers from anyone with similar sized engines running a DCOE 40. Really can be Sprites, Sprigets, or Spitfires anything similar.

Right now I'm running a 125 main jet with a 160 air corrector but when reving the engine it falls flat at about 3500-4000 rpm (when I assume its gone through the progression and is into the main circuit). The spark plugs look clean, too clean, with only a bit of brown chocolate color on #4 plug. I'm thinking I need to go richer (bigger hole) on the main jet or smaller on the air corrector.

Before I order MORE jets and air correctors I'd love some advice and input.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson