[Fot] Fwd: 1948 TUCKER UP CLOSE.

John Hasty jhasty at mhc-law.com
Thu May 21 15:09:37 MDT 2015

Not TR, but very interesting; so taking the chance that the anti purest/political hoards might descend upon me, I post this bit of auto history.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gene Trobaugh <gene at benchmasterfurniture.com<mailto:gene at benchmasterfurniture.com>>
Date: May 21, 2015 at 2:08:39 PM EDT
To: 'John Donaldson' <j_donaldson at sbcglobal.net<mailto:j_donaldson at sbcglobal.net>>, 'John Hasty' <jhhasty at gdhs.com<mailto:jhhasty at gdhs.com>>, 'Scotty Brown' <whizzkd at cox.net<mailto:whizzkd at cox.net>>, 'George Russell' <grussell at charlesdunn.com<mailto:grussell at charlesdunn.com>>, 'Anthony Birchfield' <abbirchfield at me.com<mailto:abbirchfield at me.com>>, 'Tom Mckeown' <SEAWAY5 at comcast.net<mailto:SEAWAY5 at comcast.net>>, 'Richard Raczuk' <dv32stutz at gmail.com<mailto:dv32stutz at gmail.com>>
Subject: FW: 1948 TUCKER UP CLOSE.

 There was a Tucker dealer in a converted parts store on my way to school.  I remember the people looking at it.  For one thing I think the styling was a bit too unusual for the day.  It looked like a later model Studebaker?  It was different.   It did have some new features, but Tucker didn’t have enough capital to make it work or even try.  Then there the rumors that the “BIG 3” sabotaged the project, it makes a good story but I doubt if the big 3 were concerned with Tucker, they didn’t think a one model car would do much business.  Just a few years earlier, in the 30s there were a lot of brands and they all died a financial death

The movie was good.

1948 TUCKER UP CLOSE.

http://www.laubly.com/1948tucker.htm