[Fot] Canadian Historic GP at Mosport June 2015

Spitfire Racing spitfire_racing at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 22 05:37:26 MDT 2015

Calling all Triumphs and MG racers-Canadian Historic Grand Prix at Mosport

            June 19-21 2015 with an optional test day on Thursday June 18th.

These days there are many fine events one can choose to attend but some
stand out. One such event is the Canadian Historic Grand Prix hosted and
sanctioned by VARAC and held on the historic Mosport circuit, now called the
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park due to their financial input and the many
upgrades done at the facility in the last few years.

Mosport is an addictive place and all those who attend usually make it an
annual event at the top of their list. Last year we had Bob Tullius join us
and it was no surprise that he said Mosport was his favorite track of all
the ones he had run in the world. How's that for a recommendation? If that's
not enough, ask Triumph drivers Bill Warner; Vince Garret; Mark Wheatley;
Henry Frye; Mike Moore; John Styduhar; Charlie & Jessie Darrow; Bill Rampe;
Richard Brown; Donny Sopp; Leo Oddi; Mike Deweerd; Brian Schirano; Jeff
Clark or Russ Moore along with a multitude of MG racers. Last year the
Triumph /MG Challenge was the main feature and has now become a regular
friendly competition and will again be run this year. Unfortunately last
year the race ended under yellow after the Group 44 TR-6 piloted by Bill
Warner produced an oil dump on turn 2. This year we pick up where we left
off and the battle resumes.

Please do join us at this historic racing location. I should add that it was
a Triumph TR-3 that won the very first race on this track years ago and
since then it has been the site of Formula 1; Can Am; and multiple sports
car racing competitions. This event is the largest vintage racing event in
Canada and with the current exchange rate in our (US) favor it is one of the
best vintage values in North America. Camping is free and the Triumph Ghetto
has already been reserved on the inside of turn one which allows for
excellent viewing of all racing. I understand the MG forces will paddock in
their traditional area as well. Friends of Triumph and the MG Vintage Racer
Group support this event and will be out in force yet again.

The border crossing is easy.

For additional information please go to:

http://varac.ca/chgp/2015chgp/

Or contact me, Russ Moore at  Spitfire_racing at twcny.rr.com or at (607)
539-7442 (there's an underscore between Spitfire and racing in the email)

If we have a number of new folks that wish to attend the test day
(recommended) I will check with VARAC about having one of us that know the
track show the lines for one of the test sessions. There is also an
orientation session usually instructed by Johnny Greenwood, a wee Scot, with
a penchant for "great Motorcar Racing!" The hospitality at the event is like
no other. Come and experience a truly great package of racing; camaraderie;
car shows; and history.

I also understand there will be a visit from the Ministry of Silly Walks if
the appropriate libation permits but that is yet to be confirmed!!

I will warn you, you'll fall in love with this event and the location. Come
see why!