[Fot] Weber tuning help please

Bill Babcock Bill at ponostyle.com
Sun May 3 19:36:42 MDT 2015

No, they probably wont work unless you find some way to stabilize the webers against the manifold. Otherwise the vibration will make leaks at some RPM. And if you did you’ll probably turn the fuel in the float bowls into foam. My preferred mount is the plastic adapters with O-rings on both sides. They use a rubber double-cone washer with cups over the ends for stabilizing, or sometimes flat springs like a bellville washer. I tweak them down until they are snug and then back off a turn. Using locknuts of course.
I don’t know what remflex gaskets are. The ones I use look like this:
http://www.ponostyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/weber.jpg

> On May 3, 2015, at 11:52 AM, Jim Gray <toodamnfunky at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> You were right but I don’t have a good solution at the moment. Only # 3 reacted to the carb cleaner and that suprises me a bit.
> I have the thick remflex gaskets in there. One side of the intake manifold on # 3 had barely any contact with the gasket.
> The remflex and the Moss gaskets have 1-11/16” inside diameter openings at the intakes. My cannon manifolds are 1-7/16”
> and the cannon’s don’t have a lot of meat for bearing surface around the lower area’s around 5 o’clock and 7 o’clock.
> As best I can tell though it was actually leaking on # 3 at 3 o’clock right next to the clamp bolt.
> I could actually look next to the clamp bolt and see where the gap was.
> I need to either find different gaskets with a smaller ID or make my own.
> Have you, or anybody had success at making their own intake/exhaust gaskets from regular gasket material ?
> jim

Bill Babcock
Bill at ponostyle.com
Editor: Ponostyle