[Fot] Zandvoort

Marcel Van Mulders van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Wed May 6 04:39:05 MDT 2015

In the start, I could overtake Christian Marx ,  but he got past me after 2
laps  already. In general I had a 1.5" slower laptime than Chris had. It was
my driving (lack of practice and confidence in the TR4A of Bob Kramer. At
least, that is what I'm trying to believe) but also the car : the power was
not really there and in the 1st race I lost overdrive in the 1st lap (broken
electric spade connection) and in the 2nd race the Webers were flooding (the
pressure regulator didn't work and the webers got 6.5 psi fuel pressure) and
I didn't take part in the 3rd race because of these troubles. In the other
video of Chris, you see him almost beat the MorganPlus8 in the battle for
first place overall.
Next race week-end is at Spa Francorchamps in June 19th-21st. New tyres, a
better tuned car and some driving improvement should bring me at the front
competitors again. My TR3A was lighter, but the TR4A(IRS) seems to be faster
through the bends. We'll see.
Star of the Zandvoort week-end was, again, Yannick Shighiel : the youngest
of the drivers was for the 1st time in the MorganPlus8 of Paul Conway and
did better laptimes than the regular driver already. In the 1st race, the
master switch failed. He won the 2nd race from the back row and I believe he
was at the wheel of the Morgan in the 3rd race  and did win this wet race
also.
Marcel, Belgium

  _____