[Fot] Spring Rates

Kenneth Knight kknight at klaenv.com
Sun Nov 22 09:49:07 MST 2015

There have been a number of posts recently about front springs for TR3/4/6's
etc.  To have an idea what to change to you need to know what you have.
Below is a reference to a great book on car set up and handling.  There is a
specific section dedicated to understanding coil springs, leaf springs and
torsion/sway bars including formula's for calculating rates for what you
have.  I just checked and there are many copies available on-line in new and
used condition.  I have the 1976 edition but it looks like it was updated in
1987.

"How to Make Your Car Handle" Fred Puhn, HP Books

While there is a picture of a Porsche on the cover of each edition we will
forgive Fred.  The Triumph he was racing has already flashed through the
frame and is well up the road.

Happy Thanksgiving and Cheers to All,  Ken