[Fot] cams and roaches and such

Bill Babcock Bill at ponostyle.com
Mon Nov 2 07:24:36 MST 2015

Of course it’s overstating, I’m a marketer, bullshit is what I do. But it’s not that big an overstatement. I don’t have a similar graph for much earlier, but take a look at page two of this census bureau report, https://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p25-1138.pdf <https://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p25-1138.pdf>   note the shape of the curve and the progression through 2050. And then realize that the biggest advances in projected lifespan happened between 1900 and 1980. The curve flattened since then. https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/as120/LifeTables_Body.html <https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/as120/LifeTables_Body.html>

On an individual basis what you are saying may have always been true—people who made it to 65 passed through the communicable disease and accident phase unscathed. But for the population as a whole that wasn’t true. Life expectancy at age 65 started increasing rapidly in 1970 for males and 1940 for females.

And of course, this list is self-selected. Anyone who is dead is not here.