[Fot] Sonoma race day report

davehogye dlhogye at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 21:40:04 MDT 2015

Hello Friends,
Steve Belfer and I finished our race weekend fast and clean.
Steve got by me on the inside of turn eleven mid way through the race. He made steady progress in laps times during every session throughout the weekend.
I thought I had him beat for the race with my personal best 2:04, to his 2:08 in the qualifying race, but his 2:06.3, to my 2:06.6 proved his continued progress.
Steve finished 8th of 37 and I followed his TR and a Lotus 6 very closely for a ten place finish. All three of us made evasive maneuvers on the last lap to avoid an Alfa Spider sitting sideways in the middle of the track after cresting the blind exit of turn two. I collected some Alfa body pieces off the front of my TR after the Lotus hit the Alfa. The Lotus continued without any real damage and my TR only got a few nicks in the paint.
Unfortunately my GoPro turned itself off after 2 minutes. Fortunately, Steve had 4 or 5 cameras on his car. There will be some great video to follow.

Stay tuned,
Dave H.