[Fot] TR6 rod questions

Greg Blake gblake58tr3 at icloud.com
Mon Oct 26 20:55:46 MDT 2015

I am building another TR6 motor. This time a warmed up motor for a street car. This is a '73 and upon disassembly, I found the number 3 rod has been replaced at one point in the past. The replacement is an early(?) rod w/o the hole above the otherwise blind cap bolt.

Should I be searching for a replacement of this early rod to switch it to the later style with the hole or 5 replacements w/o the hole?

I searched the list archives and could not find much debate on the merits of the two styles of rod.

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPhone