[Fot] Six cylinder cams and compression

Jason Ostrowski jason at multivintage.com
Sat Oct 31 10:19:07 MDT 2015

With Zero deck clearance it should be fairly easy for you to get over 12 to
one. (by then going after the head)
Basically, with the zero deck clearance as your first step you need to take
.125" to get to 12.75 to 1.
So if Scott's figure of the safety zone is .10" you would be at damn near
12 to 1 even with that.
I don't know if you have these #'s or not but for 10.75 to 1 C.R. with zero
deck clearance you will have a volume of 30 c.c.
For 12.75 to 1 the volume is 24.4 c.c.
Anything in that range should give you at least 135 HP at 10.75 to well
over 165 HP for the properly tuned 12.75.

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars