[Fot] TR8 Water temperature

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at Live.com
Sun Jul 10 08:35:28 MDT 2016

Chris,

It sounds like an air bubble.  Have you tried running the engine with the front end elevated either on a steep hill, a set of ramps or a curb?  I know I had a similar issue on my TR8 and burping it this way took care of the issue.  I know the system looks like it should naturally cleanse all of the air from the system during normal operation, but it did not in my car.  I found this right after changing coolant, so I am not certain this is your long term issue, but it is worth a shot.

While I don’t have it handy, I think the TR8 ROM talks about this.

Jack

----- Original Message -----

From: MadMarx <mailto:tr4racing at googlemail.com>

To: 'FOT List' <mailto:fot at autox.team.net>

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 1:20 PM

Subject: [Fot] TR8 Water temperature

Hi guys,

My TR8 is running way too hot about 212F at full speed and at idle the temps are getting that high also. I have no idea to get them down.
Radiator core is 68x48cm x 5 cm. I suppose that should be enough. I've experiment with different restrictor plates with no change. Changing pump speed didn't help either. The difference between radiator in and outlet is 10°C (50F). Not enough I would say. Maybe making the pump more slower? It was running on a ratio of 0.8 slower than crank, currently 1:1 speed. Any ideas? 10 Liters are circulating.

Cheers

Chris

  _____