[Fot] TR6 Distributors

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 08:27:58 MDT 2016

Hi,
After playing around with one of my cars for hours, I was able to nail down one of the existing problems to the Lucas distributor. I installed one of my Mallory dizzys, problem solved. Unfortunately, MDS now owns Mallory and they seem to have let all the import car parts lines to die. I've been poking around looking for replacements and at this time it seems like 123 and Pertonix are the only options. I'm not sure I like either because it looks like the caps and rotors are close to Lucas (which is part of my concern) and it also looks like expensive.
In any case, I'm looking for whether 123 better than Pertonix and whether its worth trying to rebuild one of the box full of Lucas units that I have via Advanced Distributors or not.
Any feedback is welcome, but I don't want to switch to crank-triggered ignition, thankyou.
C ya,Bob Lang339-927-4489