[Fot] Nomination request.

R. John Lye rjl at gt-classics.com
Sun May 8 06:49:35 MDT 2016

Definitely a second on this nomination.

John

On Fri, 6 May 2016 23:20:54 -0400, Bruce Lapierre  wrote:

       I had the pleasure of having diner with an old Triumph buddy
tonight, we were both involved with the beginnings of the North Coast
Triumph Association/TRA, and catching up on 40 years of top down
driving LBC's.

Rich Hahn still has 4 TR's and 6 other assorted oil leakers.  Eight
years ago he got involved with the organization of the "Put-In-Bay Road
Race Reunion".  This is a "modern" reenactment (the city won't let
them run on the original street course anymore so they use the
airport) of the 1950 thru 1954 road race on Ohio's South Bass Island
that drew some very big names in road racing of the day.  Three years
ago he acquired a `72 Spitfire, found a box of go fast stuff to throw
under the boot, got certified and joined the field himself.  He's a
hands on driver and would be an asset to this great organization.  I'm
sure he could use your guidance also.

On the PIBRRR, I think Rich said they started out with 18 cars their
first year and last year and were up to over 90, 20 States and
2 Countries.  With a Vintage Racing venue in place - - - do I hear a
maybe on a great place for the KAS KUP?  With Mid-Ohio just an hour
South, something to think about.  Check out their web-site at
www.pibroadrace.com.  Not to late for our North Coast drivers to sign
up for this year - - - August 29 - 31.

Can we get a second on this nomination?

Bruce Lapierre X#46 - TR4