[Fot] Distributor

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:28:35 MDT 2016

If you’re racing, you won’t need it, but if you decided to add it, you could drill and tap the manifold for a vacuum line.  The vacuum advance is more of an economy device than a performance device and only comes into play at low throttle settings.  It requires a low manifold pressure (high vacuum) to do its work, and wide open throttle (at whatever rpm) provides little vacuum.  It adds advance in addition to mechanical advance, and you wouldn’t want that in a heavy load condition.
Duncan
(Texas)