[Fot] SVRA & belts and HANS

Bill Babcock ponobill at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:28:58 MDT 2016

Been there, done that Mike. I dropped what was left of my trans and bellhousing onto the front straight at Pacific Raceways just before the turn—maxed out in top gear. Probably wasn’t a failure to properly torque the studs. I think the studs just don’t like that sustained vibration at 6800 RPM. The flywheel had four ARP studs and two dowels. I’ve gone to eight ARP studs.