[Fot] variation in Timken carrier bearing width?

Jason Sukey jsukey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:21:00 MDT 2016

Aaron,
     Funny you should mention this, as I'm currently going round and round
with RockAuto.  I ordered 6 of the Timken bearings (15123) - 5 of them look
legit, but one of them is clearly different.  Although the box appears
identical, the bearing came wrapped in plastic differently, doesn't
actually say "Timken"; only says "China", and feels awful loose compared to
the other 5.  Rockauto tells me that this is still a true Timken bearing.
It's obvious that it's not, but I may just have to write this one off as
they won't replace it.  Glad I purchased extras.

May not be a true "counterfeit" bearing, might be a case of a dishonest
customer return that was placed back in stock.

Jason