[Fot] TR3 hardtop drip rails

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 07:07:09 MST 2017

I have just finished restoring a hard top which I have had for over 30 years.  It came with a couple of 'parts cars' that I bought in 1985.  The top was on a TR-3B (1962) car which was crashed in the front end (major damage, but the hard top was untouched).  I don't know when the accident occurred, but the parts car appeared to have been sitting for a long time.  What I am trying to say is that this hard top had spent most of it's life stored in a garage, and was very complete and original.
The drip rails were aluminum, and I did not notice any plating, anodizing, etc.  They were probably polished before assembly onto the top.  Remember, mine came off a car that was built in 1962 and, as we all know, the British were prone to making a lot of changes as they went.  So what they used in 1962 may not have been what they used in 1955.

I too, can send pictures if that would help, but it sounds like you may have what you need.  Let me know.

Jack Wheeler