[Fot] Trailer Security

D V explore8 at outlook.com
Tue Jun 27 13:38:41 MDT 2017

Walt
I don't have tracking solutions but I use the master lock hitch lock which I don't see available anymore. It wrapped completely around the hitch coupler  and had a locking pin going through the release. Do not get the yellow coupler lock that is a u clamp around the coupler. My understanding is that those can literally be kicked off they are so week.

I also have the round padlocks on my rear door and side door.

Lastly I run a pretty stout chain through my tandem wheels on one side and lock using the round padlock.

I have also heard guys pulling the pin on the electric brakes when leaving.

My trailer is stored under cover in a secure lot and i have left it unlocked before. All of the above can be broken into but it's like the old saying about being chased by a bear....you just have to be faster (or more secure) than the next guy.

Sent from my iPhone