[Fot] AN Fittings

Nick Black vintagenick42 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 16:30:52 MST 2017

OK Guys, I use Earls performo-flex stainless steel covered rubber lines. I had 2 sections leak all of a sudden and am replacing the lot. Earls sez the fittings are reuseable. The fittings are the type that slice into the rubber and force the rubber hose on 2 sides of the cutter. They work great and I've never had an issue. BUT, does anyone have an idea as to how to get the cut piece out of the fitting in order to reuse them? The cutter separates a slice about as thick as electrical tape and about a quarter of an inch wide. Of course this piece of rubber hose is pretty well down inside the fitting and I finally managed to get a piece out of one fitting as it was partially pulled out of the fitting. I have no idea how to get the hose out of the remaining fittings (about a dozen or so).
THOUGHTS?
pullin rubber hose and my hair out in about equal amounts...    Nick of Nor Cal