[Fot] Tr6 transmission mount position

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 09:07:05 MDT 2017

They were basically the same, but in 1973, they changed the mounting points on the frame to accommodate the J-Type opverdrive.  Therefore, to use a non-overdrive or A-Type opverdrive, you have to use a special adapter bracket that wasn't used on earlier frames.  The mounts on the later models with the J-Type overdrive were 2 round rubber mounts verses the single rectangular rubber mount used on earlier and non-overdrive models.  I think I still have one of these brackets left over from my racing days.  I used a later TR-6 frame under my TR-4A.

Jack